Thomas shares more detail about their practice us and how they felt about being shortlisted for a Bristol Teaching Award.
- Which Award were you shortlisted for?
Inspiring and Innovative Teaching Team Award
- How did you feel when you found out you had been shortlisted for an Award?
Excited – this is the first time!
- Can you tell us a little bit about your practice and why you were nominated?
The work involved a large unit taught by an extensive team. The successful delivery of the unit depended closely on the cooperation within this team, which is an aspect of teaching that is more unusual I think.
- What inspires you to go the extra mile with your teaching?
It’s the reward element in seeing future engineers get to grips with their subject, and also in what I learn myself from students when they ask questions.
- What would you like to share with others about your teaching practice?
Being involved in bringing together online materials, practical lab work and a large lab/PG team alongside the academics was a really valuable experience.