Carolina shares more detail about their practice us and how they felt about being shortlisted for a Bristol Teaching Award.
- Which Award were you shortlisted for?
Outstanding Research Supervision Award
- How did you feel when you found out you had been shortlisted for an Award?
I felt incredibly grateful to my junior colleagues for their generosity and support.
- Can you tell us a little bit about your practice and why you were nominated?
I have been nominated for my work as a supervisor of PhD theses and mini projects.
- What inspires you to go the extra mile with your teaching?
I’m very inspired by the scientific discussions I have with supervisees and feel rewarded to have the opportunity of contributing to their training.
- What would you like to share with others about your teaching practice?
I try to create an environment where students feel comfortable with expressing themselves. I have the privilege of working with colleagues from diverse backgrounds and fields and hugely benefit from it.