Bronwen shares more detail about their practice us and how they felt about being shortlisted for a Bristol Teaching Award.
- Which Award were you shortlisted for?
Inspiring and Innovative Teaching Award – Individual
- How did you feel when you found out you had been shortlisted for an Award?
Happy! And grateful to the people who took the time to nominate me.
- Can you tell us a little bit about your practice and why you were nominated?
Students often find immunology complicated and difficult to follow (immunologists are notorious for excessive use of acronyms), so I try to break down concepts into engaging, digestible pieces and to share my enthusiasm for immunology. I’m also involved in work in the Faculty to decolonise and diversify the curriculum.
- What inspires you to go the extra mile with your teaching?
Seeing things click for students.
- What would you like to share with others about your teaching practice?
Science students are keen to be involved in curriculum development to make the curriculum more inclusive and representative.