The Careers Service in collaboration with BILT have created this brilliant toolkit on how to embed employability within your curriculum. Illustrated with examples from inside the University and the ‘tools’ you’ll need to do it, this toolkit has been designed with a beginner in mind. There’s something for all subjects so have a browse and see what you can get started with! Check out the new Employability and Engaged Learning intranet page for further resources.
We have two new blogs available this week:
- James Norman has shared the first post in a new blog series entitled ‘Publishing a book in a year’. ‘January’ is now available to read.
- Amy Palmer has shared ‘A word for 2022‘ on her replacement for New Year’s resolutions.
The University is currently undertaking a large-scale project reviewing the use of digital learning environments. To ensure this review is reflective of staff and student experiences, there are a number of surveys being run to collate this information.
- If you are currently using Microsoft Teams for teaching, we would be really grateful if you could complete this short survey.
- There is still a week left for you to complete the hybrid teaching survey.
- Finally, we are looking for students to share their experiences via the JISC Student Digital Insights survey – please forward this link to your students so they can share their experiences.
Decolonising Education from Theory to Praxis – Seminar one: The changing contexts of the decolonisation debate, 27th January, 1 – 2.30pm (online). Book your ticket here.
Show, Tell and Talk: BILT Student Hackathon: Exploring transformational experiences – summary and outcomes, 26th January, 2 – 3pm (online). Book your ticket here.
HEA Principal Fellow workshop (book by 1st Feb), February 15th, 10am – 12pm (online). View full details and booking information here.
Show, Tell and Talk – The Flipped Classroom, April 4th, 1 – 2pm (online). Book your ticket here.
If there’s anything you’d like to be included in this briefing, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.