- This event has passed.
Tales from the Digital Classroom: Teaching and Learning in Uncertain Times
July 2 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
About this Event
We look forward to welcoming you to our online teaching and learning conference on Thursday 2 July delivered on Blackboard Collaborate.
The conference aims to:
- Share practice in use of online tools and techniques
- Share stories and experiences of online teaching in order to: reflect, inspire, learn together, encourage experimentation, harness uncertainly and learn from mistakes
- Introduction to the conference, 9.30am – 9.40am, Sarah Davies (BILT Director).
- Morning keynote, ‘What’s the worst that could happen?’, 9.40am – 10.40am, Prof. Simon Usherwood (Univeristy of Surrey).
- Break, 10.40am – 11am.
- Parallel sessions, ‘Tales from the Digital Classroom’ (12 x 15 minute sessions across two Collaborate rooms), 11am – 12.30pm, various contributors.
- Lunch, 12.30pm – 1.30pm.*
- Afternoon keynote, ‘It’s not about technology; it’s about paradigms’, 1.30pm – 2.30pm, Prof. Tansy Jessop (University of Bristol).
- Break, 1.30pm – 1.40pm.
- Parallel sessions, 2.40pm – 3.40pm:
- Workshop: ‘Games and playfulness in online teaching’, Suzi Wells and Chrysanthi Tseloudi.
- Session with the BILT Student Fellows (details TBC).
- Closing remarks, 3.40pm – 4pm, Sarah Davies (BILT Director).
View the complete conference schedule with abstracts and bios here.
*An asynchronous session will be available during this time, in which we ask conference delegates to share their experience of online teaching. Details will be included in conference joining instructions.
Bristol Institute for Learning and Teaching