Senior Tutor Induction
September 6 - September 9
This Course aims to support academic staff as they take on the role of senior tutor in their school and provide a space to share experiences of personal tutoring. We hope that during this course you will encounter some inspiring ideas for how you might take forward the provision of personal tutoring in your school as well as receiving advise and guidance from experienced senior tutors.
This induction will lay the foundations for you to begin the role of senior tutor and help you scope any further training or development you might need. By the end, you will have reflected on the role’s responsibilities and looked at the processes and resources that will help you fulfil it. You will also have started to think about, and possibly plan towards, enhancing personal tutoring provision in your school and considered the practical steps you should take beyond this induction.
During the course, we will be using a range of different online platforms so that you can gain an experience of them as a learner and reflect on how they could be used within your own tutorial practice.
What will this induction cover?
During this induction you will be looking at:
- The role of senior tutor, both its expectations and its limits, and the processes and resources that will help you fulfil the role.
- Ways you can support students in your school, particularly those with complex needs, and provide guidance to personal tutors to help them fulfil their role.
- How you can evaluate tutorial personal tutoring and take a leading role in enhancing it in your school
- Approaches to handling student information confidentially and how this relates to effective record-keeping in your school’s tutorial provision.
How will this course be run?
A programme of three online workshops, over three days, plus some asynchronous activities. We recommend that participants attend all three workshops but asynchronous versions of the live workshops will be available if this is not possible
- 6 Sept, 10:30 am to 12:00 pm
- 7 Sept, 10:30 am to 12:00 pm
- 9 Sept, 10:30 am to 12:00 pm
Each session involves a live workshop (of about an hour and a half each) and some asynchronous activities. Each session will require approximately 2 hours of work in total.
Get in touch
If you have any questions please contact the team at email@example.com