- This event has passed.
Invitation to attend a Research Culture Café – Impactful Leadership
November 2, 2022 @ 9:30 am - 10:30 am
Following the first Research Culture Café in September, you are invited you to join the next in the series, on 2nd November.
The aim of the cafés is to facilitate informal conversations around research culture, linking up different groups, and creating a space to share and learn from different initiatives and experiences. They will last one hour each, and will run every two months, with up to 25 colleagues from a range of groups.
We know that effective leadership is an important factor in creating a positive and inclusive research culture. We also know that anyone can show leadership, whatever their role, job title, or career stage.
- What does effective leadership look like?
- What leadership skills and behaviours can we all develop for the benefit of our academic and research communities?
You are invited to join the conversation in this Research Culture Café, where we will be exploring these key questions. We will do this through group activities and discussion, with refreshments provided to fuel curiosity and conversation.
This is an opportunity to connect with colleagues from across the University and gain insights and ideas.
- Book: Email email@example.com to book your place
- Date: Wednesday 2 November 2022
- Time: 9.30 to 10.30
- Place: Beacon House (link), Room 4.06
- Format: In-person (there is no option to attend online)
- Facilitators: Kathryn Miller and Emily Pitt, Academic Staff Development
- Attendance: Up to 25 (on a first come, first served basis)
- Audience: This session is aimed at all academic and technical staff. Other colleagues interested in enhancing research culture are also welcome.
Future café topics
- Supporting researcher careers
- Promoting wellbeing
- Inclusive research practices
- Open research and reproducibility across disciplines