Introduction to HE Teaching at Bristol – Asynchronous online course
September 27, 2021 - July 29, 2022
For enquiries contact email@example.com
This online course has been designed for those new to teaching/and or supporting learning including:
- Teaching support roles – for example demonstrators, graduate teachers and associate teachers
- Research staff (pathway 2) with some teaching responsibilities
- Teaching staff (pathway 1 or 3) new to teaching at Bristol waiting to join the PGCAP or the CREATE HEA Fellowship Scheme
All research staff and PGRs who teach are required to engage in appropriate training to support them in their teaching: this training course fills this requirement and replaces the Starting to Teach programme. If you have any queries regarding the course content or if it is right for you please get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org
The aim of this short online course is to provide you with the skills and knowledge to plan learning and teaching for flexible and blended delivery.
In the course you will:
- Explore current thinking about engaging and interactive learning
- Examine principles of inclusive teaching
- Engage with good practice in marking and giving feedback
- Experience how different technologies can support different types of learning and teaching
- Apply principles of good practice to your teaching and your context
|Approx. 1.5 hours||Active and interactive learning in the blended environment|
|Approx. 1.5 hours||Teaching inclusively|
|Approx. 1.5 hours||Marking and giving feedback|
How to enrol
Please enrol on the course through Develop. We will then be in contact via email nearer the time with more information.
If you do not yet have a University of Bristol account but would like to attend, please complete this form.
For teaching support staff: will I get paid?
All hourly paid staff will get paid to engage with the course. You can claim up to 4.5 hours. Claim alongside your teaching hours; any queries direct to your line manager/MyERP signee.
As this is an online course, we will use Blackboard engagement statistics to verify your engagement.
What if I have already engaged with the University’s Digital Design course or Blended Learning and Teaching course?
This course draws from these events but has new and specifically designed material suitable as an introduction to teaching. You don’t need to attend Introduction to HE Teaching at Bristol if you have already attended a BILT course over the last year, but are welcome to attend if you wish to refresh your skills and would benefit from further input.