- This event has passed.
Getting the Most out of the Blackboard Grade Centre: Advanced Administration Skills for EMA (DEO)
September 18, 2018 @ 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Increasing numbers of staff are supporting electronic management of assessment (EMA) in Blackboard. This workshop is aimed at colleagues who wish to deepen their knowledge and expertise of administering the grade centre effectively, in particular when dealing with large cohorts of students. During the workshop participants will be able to explore examples and try out a range of advanced grade centre tools. They will also be given access to a set of resources to take away.
By the end of the workshop participants will:
- be able to apply advanced features of the grade centre to their Courses eg use grading periods to organise assignments by teaching block.
- be able to make the grade centre easier to work with eg for markers and moderators
- have strategies to administer the grade centre effectively including filtered views and managing large cohorts of students
- be able to import and export data from the grade centre from/to other systems.
- be able to ensure controlled student access to relevant grade centre data
*Participants should already have a basic knowledge of setting up and managing assignments in Blackboard.
Bristol Institute for Learning and Teaching