Digital Design – Individual self study course
December 3, 2020 - July 29, 2022
If you are part of the UoB community but don’t have access to the UoB Single Sign-on, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you an alternative link.
The aim of this asynchronous online course is to provide you with the digital design skills and knowledge to plan learning, assessment, units and programmes for flexible delivery. In the course you will:
- Critically reflect on your experience of teaching online
- Explore engaging and inclusive design for your context
- Analyse how different technologies can support different types of learning, teaching and assessment
- Apply principles of online design to your teaching, assessment, units and programmes
By the end you will have had the opportunity to design a sequence of online activities for a week of teaching, and will have the knowledge and skills to build a user-friendly course in Blackboard using a range of different tools and types of task.
This course has been developed by BILT, DEO and CREATE.
What will we cover?
This course is a self-study resource, meaning that you can work through the course at your own pace, and in your own time, there are seven themes to work through:
- Reflections on ‘aha’, ‘oh no’ and ‘so what’ moments
- Designing for digital: translation or transformation
- The big shift from me to you: interactive teaching
- Research-rich learning – the digital way
- Nurturing relationships: personal, social, educational
- Designing for inclusion
- Authentic learning and assessment