- This event has passed.
BILT Annual Conference 2023 – Building community and belonging in a challenging and changing world
July 12 @ 9:30 am - 5:00 pm
Register for this year’s BILT conference
Please ensure you click the correct link below*
Students, please register on Eventbrite
*Tea/coffee will be available at the start of the morning and afternoon sessions. Lunch will be provided for delegates attending all day.
For full details of the day long programme, including our special pre-conference activity and post-conference drinks reception, please visit the conference homepage.
This conference will explore the role of community and belonging in creating what bell hooks calls “the best climate for learning”.
- Register for full day, or morning or afternoon only
- Optional pre-conference event ‘Randomised Coffee Chat’
- Morning and afternoon introductions from Tansy Jessop (Pro Vice-Chancellor Education)
- Morning keynote presentation from Professor Nicola Dandridge (University of Bristol, formerly the OfS)
- Afternoon keynote presentation from Sunday Blake (WonkHE) and Gail Capper (Pearson)
- Short presentations from staff and students from across the University on the following themes
- Student partnership and authentic learning
- Staff and staff/student communities
- Community and belonging within and between programmes
- Designing teaching and assessment to build community
- Student wellbeing and belonging
- Decolonisation and sustainability
- Developing student skills, confidence and community
- Lunchtime poster presentations
- Optional post-conference drinks reception and celebration of Curriculum Enhancement
Latest News: An additional presentation has been added to the Community and belonging within and between programmes session, bringing the total number of presentations to 47, in addition to the 2 keynote presentations.